Monday, January 10, 2011

Eggs With Green Masala



This is going to be a real quick post as I am studying very hard for my sons exams and don't have much time for a long write up. Well I am all stressed out over here, but he for sure is a real cool cucumber about it. The much dreaded Boards are here, but does he seem to worry about it? Oh no... never. Why worry when there are so many exciting other things to plan, friends' birthday parties...jam sessions to practise for... so many friends to talk to on the phone... and then the ultimate distraction, Facebook.... Well I try to do the best I can.. like I say - I can take this horse to the water. Now whether he wants to drink is his problem...

This particular recipe was brought to our house by our cook lady. She learnt it in the previous house she worked in. One day she made it just on a whim on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and since then it has become a staple.
It tastes really good and it is something very different from the usual. The colours are also very attractive and the contrast of the green and the white of the eggs looks good.
Though, ours is a vegetarian household, I am open to eggs being cooked at home as I consider it a good source of proteins for the kids.



Now for the recipe


INGREDIENTS:


6 Eggs hardboiled and sliced in half lengthwise.
2-3 tablespoons Oil


Masala Paste:
1/2 cup coriander leaves
2 green chillies
2 tablespoons roasted Bengal gram (roasted chana dal)
5-6 black peppercorns
2 Cloves of Garlic
salt to taste


METHOD:

Grind the masala paste ingredients till finely ground in the blender. The paste will be a little thickish.

Apply the paste onto the cut side of the egg.

Put a frying pan on a medium flame and add a little oil to it.

Fry the egg, cut side down (masala paste side) till it is slightly brown.

Fry the other side till it gets a bit brown.

Serve hot.


ENJOY!!!!!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yum kamini ji!! and i am fond of green masalas. would try this for my sons.my younger son does not eat the boiled eggs.let me give a try this way!