Monday, August 13, 2007

Hara Bhara Kababs


You know how we pick up recipes from here and there? Jot them down on a piece of paper and then transcribe them with a lot of interest into our recipe books? My book is full of such recipes. Those that I found interesting when I read it and written down so diligently but never tried out. Various types of recipes... North Indian, Continental (or as we like to refer to them - Bakes), lately Mexican etc. I think the next month should go in trying out all these untried recipes. I am sure I will find a lot of gems out there.. a lot of keepers.
One such recipe was the Hara Bhara Kabab. I had written it down in so many different places but never tried it out. Finally I put my lethargy behind me and took the plunge and was so pleasantly surprised... It turned out extremely well.


Recipe:


4 medium sized Potaoes boiled
3/4 cup Peas boiled
100 gms Spinach


1 tablespoon Green chillies chopped finely
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon chaat masala
2 tablespoon cornflour
salt to taste


Oil for deep frying


Peel and grate potatoes.
Mash boiled peas.
Blanch the spinach and finely chop it.


Mix the above 3 ingredients with green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, chaat masala, cornflour and salt.


Divide it into 25 equal portions. Shape into a little tikki or ball and deep fry.
(In case there are worries on high calories that this dish will entail, then it can be shallow fried too.)


Serve hot along with green chutney and tomato ketchup.

18 comments:

Latha Narasimhan said...

Hi kamini,
This is lakshmi's mother. I think you should register with food blog desam. your blog will be noticed.
I'll soon post the recipe for potato pachadi.
do have a look at the lovely pictures of Taj in our blog. I took these at Lal bagh flower show .

TBC said...

Hi Kamini,
It's my first time here. you have some good recipes here.Kababs are looking good!

TBC said...

Kamini, thanks for your comment. Regarding my the logo in the pic,
it's done using photoshop elements.It really is very simple to create once you start playing around with photoshop. If you are familiar with photoshop, once you select your pic, just use the "Type tool" .
I hope this helps!

Saju said...

What a tempting picture, I could gobble these up! I usually make these muthia or sausage shape, these look scrumptious

Suganya said...

Lovely looking kababs. You have tempted me enuf. Am gonna make this soon..

Unknown said...

The kebabs looks yummy and inviting!!!

Anonymous said...

thaey r looking great.yummy..

Gaurang Mehta said...

Hi Kamini,
This is Gaurang. Sridhar's colleague. Your recipes look great. Make i make a suggestion. How about doing a A-Z of Andhra and Tamil receipes.(P.s. since i am a veg boy i would definitely like reading veg dishes but i guess you could do a A-Z of veg/non-veg both).. Looking forward to reading more of your yummy dishes

Coffee said...

Hi Kamini, my frist time here today! Great blog and lovely kebab recipe!! Will come back again to see what this witch cooks up! ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

What about some recipes for the chutneys? Gita

Sia said...

what a beauty... i am tempted to pick one off the screen and eat...

bee said...

you have a very nice blog here, kamini. i'm adding you to our blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kamini! These kababs look delicious, I'm going to give the recipe a try when I move to San Fran and let you know how it goes. In the meantime, check out my food blog too (great minds think alike!) http://www.globalgluttononline.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Kamini, this looks absolutely yummy !!! Cant wait to eat them. Wish I was in Chennai, would have had you make them for me to eat :-)

Namratha said...

Hi Kamini, this looks delicious! I was looking for a good evening snack(Which I seem to be running out of..hehe) and this one does the trick. Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I too started my food blog couple of days ago..hope you will take a peek..good day!

Padma said...

those looks awesome...can i grab few!

Lapa said...

CRISTÓVÃO DE AGUIAR
“PASSANGER IN TRANSIT”

MEET THIS TOP WRITER OF THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE.

LITERARY GREETINGS,

NEW LITERARY BLOG
Please, add it to your favourites.